Widely acclaimed singer, songwriter, comedian, speaker and workshop leader, Lesley Smith has toured the US and parts of Europe as a world class ventriloquist and performing artist with the New England Foundation for the Arts Touring Roster. She presents outstanding arts and education programs for children and adults on New Thought, stress management, conflict resolution, social competency skills, nutrition and environmental education.
For the past 20 years, Lesley has been studying in-depth the work of Emmet Fox, C. Emily Cady, Joel S. Goldsmith, A Course in Miracles, Charles and Myrtle Filmore, Ernest Holmes and Abraham Hicks. Her performance of this material began in 2000 with original music, plays, performing arts programs and guest talks based on the tenets of this study. Her music CD, “Where Love is Found”, includes six original songs that are now being performed at New Thought churches around the country.
She has been a guest singer/song writer and keynote presenter at the New England Folk Festival, NH Public Broadcasting System Music Series, National Association of Educational Office Professionals, National Association of Middle Schools, NJ Association of Early Childhood Educators, New England Mediators Convention, and at churches across the United States.
On the cruise, Lesley will perform…
“Just Breathe: The quest for a little piece of mind… and chocolate.”
Lesley’s one-woman show is a must see for those who believe in the power of live performance to transform an audience. It’s inspirational, laugh till it hurts “human” comedy that reaffirms our faith in goodness and ignites us in the possibility of love and joyful “Being”. “Just Breathe” gives voice and catharsis for the “every woman/man” in their quest for peace of mind and purpose. Lesley lustily seeks advice from therapists, coaches and spiritual gurus against the backdrop of music and message. Her hilarious characters embody both the frustrations and hopefulness of our time, giving people of all ages and walks of life, a chance to be delighted by the world again.
“I absolutely love your character! It’s as if he is real. I could just sit here and watch Sammy all day.”
~ Cheryl Richardson, New York Times Best Selling Author, Speaker, Coach and host of PBS specials and “The Life Makeover Project” on the Oxygen Network.
“Lesley’s smile and presence is as warm and welcoming as her voice”.
~ The Boston Globe, Boston, MA
“She’s a pied-piper, a modern day minstrel.” ~ N.H. Public Television
“It is rare to find a person who can be as entertaining and engaging with adults, as well as children.” ~ The National Association of Principals
Lesley’s affiliations & accomplishments include:
- Founding member and soloist of Unity on the River in Amesbury MA
- Interim Music Director and Board Member at Unity on the River
- Music Minister at Unity of the Seacoast, Dover NH
- Membership for 2 years in “The Gateway” with Barbara Marx Hubbard
- Student of Diadra Price of Wings of Spirit Foundation
- Enrolled in the year long “East Coast Mystery School” with Jean Houston
- Trainee and workshop leader in Alternatives to Violence Program through Quaker ministries
- Landmark Education Graduate
- Member of Puppeteer’s of America
- Founding Lead Singer in the Funky Divas of Gospel
- Touring Artist through The New England Foundation for the Arts Roster
- NH Touring Artist through the NH Foundation for the Arts Roster
- Trained as an instructor of Shintaido, a soft martial art
- Studied Christian mysticism and spiritual psychic healing for two decades
- Trained with Sri Raniji of the Oneness University, Walter Starcke, Dr. Lawrence LeShan’s healing training seminars in NY and other mentoring.
Lesley provides private spiritual psychic healing for people of all walks of life. Sessions are healing, invigorating and provide energetic release and clarity for your souls journey.