Please click on any question and the answer will appear. Click on it again to make the answer disappear.
How much will it actually cost me to go on this cruise/conference ?
Your final total depends on four things: (1) the cabin style you choose, (2) when you register, (3) whether you protect yourself with travel insurance, and (4) how many new participants you refer to us.
Pay $1197/person (double occupancy) for the basic combination of Inside Cabin and Standard Conference Tuition. Add $300 for inside “Solo Suite” cabin (single occupancy) OR add $300/person for a Balcony Cabin (double occupancy). See Pricing for full menu of choices to suit your particular desires.
Regardless of cabin choice, add tax of $114/person for the week, and gratuity of $12/day per person.
Register early with a coupon code and you could save between $25 – $100/person.
What is included in the basic Conference & Cruise package?
1) Accommodations on the ship for all 7-nights on the spectacular Norwegian Epic!
2) Exclusive Group Events: Bon Voyage Party, Dance Party, Keynote Presentations, etc.
3) Travel to three different tropical islands! Port charges are included.
4) Wake-up Classes: Meditation, Yoga, Qigong, Tibetan 5-Rites, OxyCise, Breathwalk, etc.
5) Holistic health workshops, presentations and classes presented by leading-edge speakers.
6) Viewing & discussion of Dr. Norm Shealy’s new film: “Medical Renaissance; The Secret Code”
7) Great entertainment organized by Epic staff, including nightly shows: Blue Man Group; Legends In Concert; 2nd City Comedy Troupe; Cirque Dreams Dinner Show; Murder Mystery Luncheon, etc!
8) Live dance bands, jazz bars, karaoke contests, water park, casino, games and activities for kids and adults.
9) Unlimited delicious food! Feast as often as you want at a variety of restaurants on the ship. Choose gluten free, vegetarian or Kosher options and make it a really healthy cruise!
10) Certain non-alcoholic beverages (iced tea, lemonade, water, coffee, tea, milk and juice) are complimentary at the buffet and in formal dining rooms.
What necessary costs are NOT included in the basic Cruise & Conference package price?
1) Round trip transportation between home and the ship port. (Air, bus, train, car?)
2) Government taxes – about $114/person.
3) Ship staff gratuities are added to your ship-board account automatically at the rate of $12/person per day. You can adjust it up or down, but we think you’ll agree that this is a low figure once you’ve experienced the typical service of a Norwegian Cruise ship.
4) Travel Insurance – Covers medical emergencies, trip cancellation, baggage loss/delay and more. (This is optional, but we feel it belongs in the necessity column.)
What options are available to me, which would cost extra?
1) On-shore excursions are optional, ranging from $25 – $200 per person.
2) Spa services, casino games, gift shop purchases, and some restaurants and activities cost slightly extra.
3) Inside Track sessions – get up-close and personal with our world-class speakers.
4) CEUs area available for a variety of professions, from a variety of organizations.
5) Cocktails, soda and bottled water are always extra. Non-alcoholic beverages such as iced tea, lemonade, coffee, milk, and juices are complimentary both in buffet and in the dining room.
6) Art gallery purchases
Are beverages such as bottled water, soda and alcohol included?
No. Alcoholic drinks, soda, bottled water and specialty beverages can be purchased on board. They are billed to your room account for convenience, including a gratuity charged at point-of-service. Look into a non-alcoholic beverage plan to save money if you drink a lot of soda and bottled water.
Non-alcoholic beverages such as iced tea, lemonade, coffee, milk, non-bottled water and juices are complimentary both in buffet and in the dining room. We suggest bringing a reusable water bottle or two and refill it at the buffet.
Do I have to pay the entire cruise price now in order to register for the conference?
The answer to that question depends on today’s date! If it’s prior to June 25, you only have to pay your Conference Tuition of $468 to reserve your space at the conference. A Cabin Deposit of $350/person is due on or before June 25, 2013, when you must choose and reserve your cabin type to insure you get the pricing offered on our website. After this date, cruise fare rates may increase, which will increase your overall cost. The remaining balance of your cabin fare, including tax, is due August 15, 2013, and will be charged automatically to the credit card used for the cabin deposit.
Beginning August 15, 2013 it will be necessary to pay for the entire program upon registering.
If desired, you may charge your Conference Tuition to Paypal with 0% interest for 6-months, upon approved credit. Click on banner ad (on sidebar to your right) for details and application.
What is the refund/cancellation policy?
After initial deposit, the following cancellation schedule will apply, regardless of the reason for cancellation:
• If you cancel on or before 8/10/13, forfeit $150 per person administrative fee.
• If you cancel between 8/11/13 and 10/02/13, forfeit 50% of total paid or cabin deposit (whichever is greater).
• If you cancel after 10/02/13, or simply don’t show up, you will forfeit 100%. No refunds can be made at that point.
We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance to protect your investment in the event you need to change or cancel your plans for a covered reason. Please inquire for more details, or to purchase travel insurance. Travel Insurance premiums are not refundable after the initial 10-day “look-see” trial period.
Why should I buy Travel Insurance?
Travel Insurance is so important, we almost made it a requirement. While nobody ever plans on emergencies occurring, and we hope they never do, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Here’s why:
1) It protects you from the high costs of emergency medical care should you need it on the ship or on-shore due to an accident or unexpected illness.
2) Medical transportation is very costly and not covered by most health insurance, especially when you are overseas.
3) You will also be protected from financial losses that could occur due to lost or delayed luggage and missed or delayed airplanes.
4) It will reimburse you for the cost of your trip if an emergency prevents you from going on the cruise. TIP: For simplicity, savings and valuable assistance, cover your entire trip (airfare, cruise fare, conference tuition, hotel, etc.) all under one policy. If you get it through our travel agent, you will have the benefit of her expertise if you need to file a claim (which can be a process), and it will be only one claim to submit.
What if I want to use a different credit card to pay the final balance?
Simply call or email our travel agent prior to August 15, 2013 and provide your preferred credit card details. You will receive her contact info in your NCL Cabin booking confirmation email.
Can I register after the final payment deadline has passed?
If space is available, yes. Due to the ship’s conference space limitations, we can only accommodate a certain number of conference attendees. We expect to be sold out by August 15, 2013. If we are not sold out and there are cabins available on the ship, however, you are more than welcome to join us. You may have to pay more to cover higher cabin fares at that time, however, because our group rates will expire July 5, 2013, 2012.